Thursday, November 16, 2006

Love and Social Anxiety

Love and Social AnxietyFound myself with love... Being a person with social anxiety makes love life much, much difficult. Whenever you meet a person (somebody whom you might be interested in), there is always that feeling of anxiety towards what is going to happen: How can I get closer to that person? What do I do so the other person doesn’t find about my social anxiety?

I met somebody the other day, I am really interested in this person, and I found that has the initial characteristics I look for , talking about a relationship. But f**ck, I am so scared now, I don’t know what to do, I don’t know how to act. It feels so bad this sensation of insecurity, every single day I keep thinking what to do, how to talk to the person, how to act, if I should say this… no that is wrong, should I say something else? That neither, this is so f***king confusing…

I write trying to find clearness in my mind, trying to let go the anxiety feeling out of me and get to the point where I can think clear and be able to get calm.

I have many expectations towards this person, even though in reality there is no hope… see this person has a relationship already. It is just good to nurture your feelings of love and hope some times, what am I going to do now.

I am just going to continue with life, what ever happens, just have to continue doing the right things for my life: work, study, exercise, healthy lifestyle, you will meet happiness at the end.

Finally I will like to evoke the words of Harriet Beecher Stowe:

“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”

1 comment:

social avoidance said...

Thanks rewierd, I think it is important to work on our own personal growth (emotionally, spiritually) and try to be as honest as possible with the person we want to be involved with. When I write my thoughts I do it because I find it relieving, but I try to be as conscious as possible about the situation, what I’m going to do is just to continue my own process and let things be. I must continue my road in life, if things are meant to be then great… else I am not going to forced them, I’ll just wait for the other person’s reaction, I think that for now is a safe way to do it and not get hurt.