Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Experience with Social Anxiety Medicines

Social Anxiety Medicines

Inspired on a post from Shawn at Anxious Living, I decided to write a bit about my short experience with anxiety medications.

I have a healthy lifestyle, exercise, eat propertly, assist to therapy, avoid drinking and smoking, I have a job... but I still feel something is missing... well: "RELATIONSHIPS" a big word for us. My relationships with family and friends are difficult, I don't even have a love.

I took Paxil for about 4 or 5 months, it did relaxed me, gave me headaches in the first week but then it was ok. Also noticed that my libido decreased and I felt kind of slow and sleepy during that time, it was like the medicine slowed me down a lot.

So I decided to stop the medicine. Now I have anxiety again, usually in social situations. I started to have a healthy lifestyle, found a job that doesn't demands much of social contact, just trying to adapt to what I am and not to force myself into social situations.

1 comment:

Aleforge said...

Hey, read your blog. I cant tell you how much I relate to everything your going through. Been dealing with Social Anxiety disorder my entire life. Been on tons of medications. I started out writing a blog on my day to day problems then got caught up in just BS. If you want, stop by and read my first few postings. (way back in dec 10 or so) I explain my deal with mental illness. I made a decision today to drop all the BS and hit what your doing now, just concentrating on my disorders. Good Luck to you!

~Taipans~

www.taipanshurricane.blogspot.com